As a support and extension of the family unit, Summit Classical Christian School considers the family to be of first importance to a child. God, through His Word, the Bible, indicates that the family is the most important human institution He designed since He compares it to the relationship believers have with Christ and the Father. Therefore, at Summit we are continually seeking ways to actively involve the parents, siblings, and grandparents of our students in the programs of the school.
Parent Volunteer Organization
The Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) is the fellowship of Summit parents working together to promote the ideals of the school, to encourage fellowship among families, and to support the various needs of the teachers and classes.
The purposes of the PVO are to:
- Promote the ideals of the school.
- Foster a sense of community and parent fellowship.
- Encourage the building of lasting relationships between parents.
- Facilitate parent involvement.
- Assist teachers in enriching the learning experience.
- Assist the administration of Summit with special events.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about events sponsored by PVO.
The family atmosphere and efficiency of Summit Classical Christian School thrives on the extensive involvement of our parents. There are many ways that parents can volunteer and get involved at Summit including but not limited to:
- Recess Monitor: These volunteers monitor the students during lunch recess. Having volunteers during this time frees the period to be used constructively by teachers and administration.
- Office Help: These volunteers help with bulk mailings, filing and copying.
- Speakers: Parents with a gift for teaching or speaking are invited to volunteer to speak to classes or assemblies about their careers or areas of interest.
- Maintenance Volunteers: These volunteers perform basic maintenance tasks around the school campus.
- Classroom Parent: These volunteers communicate to the grade-level parents ways to appreciate the classroom teacher, help with special classroom events and coordinate with the teacher for the auction item.
Parent Volunteer Documents
View the 2014/15 Summit Parent Volunteer Opportunities document to see how you can help!
Download the 2014/15 Summit Parent Volunteer Tracking Sheet to keep track of hours.
Additionally, Summit encourages all parents to read and be familiar with the Summit Parent Student Handbook (PDF)
(Last updated 2015-03-16)