Nestled in the heart of the Snoqualmie Valley—a scenic foothills suburb 25 miles east of Seattle—Summit Classical Christian School seeks immediately teacher candidates for our fourth grade classroom. Summit was established in 2006 to assist faithful parents in educating their children to the glory of God, applying Christian principles through classical methods. Summit is surrounded by an active, growing community and is intended to operate through grade 12 though are presently offering classrooms for kindergarten through sixth grade.
Ideal candidates should be familiar with classical education, firm in his/her Christian faith, and have a love for children and the teaching environment.
General responsibilities include:
- Spiritual classroom leadership
- Lesson preparation and presentation
- Management of the students, classroom, and environment
- Proficiency and creativity with a variety of teaching methods, with special emphasis on the following:
- Comprehension checks
- Rephrasing of concepts by students
- Inductive questioning
- Recitations, chants, songs, acronyms, summaries and reviews
- Illustrations, applications, demonstrations
- Communications to families and administration
Ideal candidates will have:
- A minimum of two or more years of K-12 teaching experience. Recent graduates with student teaching experience considered.
- Formal training or extended teaching experience
- Some experience in classical education
- Current state certification or comparable credentials
Summit offers teachers a medical package and continuing education benefits. Additionally, Summit is committed to maintaining a high teacher to student ratio.
If you embrace Summit’s vision and are passionate about children and teaching, contact the school directly for an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.