September 9—13 is the first week of the 2013-2014 school year at Summit. Please review the following important information:
- Meet-the-Teacher Day is Monday, September 9, from 11:00AM-1:00PM. Dress is casual. Please bring your student’s back-to-school supplies, including any personal medical supplies your child may require.
- First day of school is Tuesday, September 10. Classroom doors open at 8:15. Dress code for this day is formal chapel attire. Your child is tardy if they are not in their room, lined up for Assembly, at 8:30AM. Students who are tardy should go directly to the school office to check in.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 10, there will be a morning informational assembly for adults (9:00AM-10:00AM). It is important that at least one parent of each household be present.
- At the end of each school day parents must sign-out their students. Classes will congregate in the sanctuary according to grades for quiet reading. Parents, please come in no further than the vestibule. Your student’s teacher will be watching for you and bring the student to you where you will sign them out. Note that no student will be released to the playground until after they have been signed out.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11, will be a Chapel day. As on all Wednesdays the dress code is formal chapel attire. On Wednesday we will be going over the Summit Honor Code. Please note that the following Wednesday will be all-school picture day (dress code chapel attire).
- Friday will be the All-school BBQ. Watch for flyer in take-home folder.
- Please note that Summit is a closed campus. All visitors, parents or otherwise, must check in at the office and get a visitor’s badge.
- Any adult with responsibilities for supervision of children at Summit, including drivers for field trips, must undergo a background check. This, of course, is not only a legal responsibility we must fulfill, but is also an important safeguard for our children. The necessary forms are attached and must be completed before any volunteer activity.
- Summit families can order Scrip throughout the summer for rebates to tuition. Please contact Triona Anderson for details. This is a crazy-easy way to add bang to your tuition dollars.