In this issue I just want to make you aware of some of the “nuts & bolts” things you can be doing to make your transition into the upcoming school year easier. These include the following:
- It is time to order PE shirts for our students. The office will be placing an order for shirts by the end of the month. Please notify the Summit office of the size your student will require. The first shirt is provided by the school and you can purchase additional shirts if you so choose. In addition, new families will need to purchase a summit athletic cinch-bag for each student.
- The first day of school is formal dress for students (Uniform policy can be found on the Summit website: www.summitclassical.org > Parents > Uniform Policy).
- Students will bring lunch and snack every day. Students are not allowed to trade food; please inform us of food allergies; most students bring water; there is no lunch for kindergarten; there are no microwaves available for students’ use.
- Summit does not use class time for student birthday parties; it is permissible to bring a special snack; please, no gifts/decorations.
- When you visit school please check in at the office first. Classrooms will be locked during official school hours.
- Starting in the 2013-2014 school year parents will pick up their children in the sanctuary on a daily basis after signing out with their child’s teacher. This is a safety policy to ensure the well-being of our students.
- Morning Assembly will be at 8:30AM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There will be Chapel every Wednesday this year at 11:30AM (there will be no morning Assembly on Wednesday).
- Please do not give money/checks to teachers or staff. Please place tuition and payment of other fees in the tuition box outside Dr. Orton’s office door.
- Please ensure that all vaccinations are current for your child and that the necessary paperwork is submitted to the Summit office.
- Please make note of the Summit hair policy for boys (page 32 in the Parent/Student handbook: “Hair much be of a natural color and nearly groomed. Hair is expected to be neat and an appropriate length for gentlemen; above the collar and ears and not in the eyes.”
- Please note the supply lists on website (under Parents).
- Please make certain that all required paperwork is submitted before school begins, including Emergency Forms which are missing from MANY families.
- Please note that your tuition is due by the 1st of every month (for more information see page 13 of the Parent/Student handbook).
- There will be a Back-to-School BBQ on the Friday of the first week of school, September 13, so mark your calendars.
- There is no need to purchase special homework journals for your students. Homework Folders will come home every day.
- Summit families can order Scrip throughout the summer for rebates to tuition. Please contact Triona Anderson for details. This is a crazy-easy way to add bang to your tuition dollars.
Classroom Moving Day:
- Classroom moving day is Tuesday, August 27 from 1:00-3:00. As the saying goes, “many hands make light work” so, if you can help out it would be much appreciated! This is a great way to service your teachers.
- Our teachers need computers in their classrooms. This year Summit will be using a dynamic new system of grade/record-keeping that is internet cloud-based. Four of our classrooms are still without computers. If you have an older-but-functional laptop, Summit would be happy to relieve you of it in exchange for a tax credit.
- Please continue to PRAY for our school: 1. That our good God will bless us; 2. That God will give the board and administration wisdom and discernment concerning facilities and staffing!