Greetings Summit Family!
I’m very happy to introduce Amber Clinton as Summit’s newest faculty member. Amber has been invited to join the Summit team as our afternoon Kindergarten teacher beginning in the fall of 2013. Her nomination was recently confirmed by a unanimous vote of the Summit board.
Amber earned a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Central Washington University and brings a wealth of experience to the Summit team. Amber has served in a number of grammar-level educational settings including her present role as Early Childhood Team Leader at I-90 Church in Preston.
As I have said before, Summit is not a place so much as it is a fabric of relationships. These are relationships that have a redemptive end; that we are drawn closer to Jesus for our being in this relationship, and that we are drawn closer to each other. We want this proximity to Christ and to others for ourselves and we want it for our children. Of course, the importance of our faculty in this fabric of relationships cannot be overstated. Our teachers are the very synapse through which this [Classical] curriculum for life flows to our children to the end that they might rightly know the wonders of creation—and know it’s wonderful Creator.
We are blessed with an outstanding faculty at Summit and Amber joining the ranks will only enhance that. If and when you have the opportunity, I encourage you to welcome Amber and her family to this wonderful family called Summit Classical Christian School.
Heads-up for the coming week:
- Schedule for Last Day of School, May 31:
- 8:30AM Drop off your students in FREE DRESS clothes; students can help teachers clean classrooms.
- 10:00AM All school assembly; awards distributed and presentations of what was learned in class.
- 10:45AM FIELD DAY for kids; parents have uniform swap/sale.
- 11:45AM LUNCH, main course provided by Summit; side dishes brought by parents.
- Please continue to PRAY for our school: 1. That our good God will bless us; 2. That God will give the board and administration wisdom and discernment concerning facilities and staffing!
God bless you all,
Dr. Timothy Orton
Summit Classical Christian School